Your browser doesn't support javascript.
loading
Mostrar: 20 | 50 | 100
Resultados 1 - 5 de 5
Filtrar
Mais filtros








Base de dados
Intervalo de ano de publicação
1.
Paediatr Indones ; 31(3-4): 117-22, 1991.
Artigo em Inglês | MEDLINE | ID: mdl-1956690

RESUMO

Childhood retinoblastoma was studied in a period of January 1980 to December 1988. Forty six patients were included consisting of 21 males (45.65%) and 25 females (54.35%). Most of those patients (76.08%) were in the age group of 0-5 years. The main complaint was protrusion of eyes, found in 42 patients (91.30%). Bone marrow examination was done in 24 patients, and 52.17% of them showed sign of metastasis. Thirty seven cases had unilateral retinoblastoma (80.43%). The statistical analysis indicated no significant differences in sex and age, site of tumor (left or right eye), abnormality of the eyes, bone marrow involvement, protrusion of the eyes either unilateral or bilateral. Heredity was found in one patient (2.17%). The main treatment was radiation in 25 patients (50.43%).


Assuntos
Neoplasias Oculares/epidemiologia , Retinoblastoma/epidemiologia , Adolescente , Fatores Etários , Neoplasias Ósseas/secundário , Criança , Pré-Escolar , Neoplasias Oculares/terapia , Feminino , Humanos , Lactente , Masculino , Retinoblastoma/secundário , Retinoblastoma/terapia , Fatores Sexuais
2.
Paediatr Indones ; 30(11-12): 281-5, 1990.
Artigo em Inglês | MEDLINE | ID: mdl-2077460

RESUMO

Six hundred and fifty seven hospitalized patients under five in Child Health Department Hospital Tembakau Deli Medan, from January 1988 until December 1988 had been investigated retrospectively. Severe PCM are found 12 (1.8%), consisting of 7 (58.3%) boys and 5 (41.7%) girls. Most cases were found at the age of 1-2 years (33.3%). Marasmus were found in 5 cases (41.7%), Marasmic kwashiorkor in 4 (54%), while Kwashiorkor in 3 cases (25%). Clinical features of the patients are as follow: hepatomegaly 7 (58.3%), anorexia 6 (50%), old man face 5 (41.7%), subcutaneous fat decrease 5 (41.7%), thinsparse easily pick hairs 5 (41.7%), muscle hypotrophy 5 (41.7%), edema of the lower extremity 4 (33.3%), crazy pavement dermatosis 2 (16.7%). All patients were hospitalized combined with other diseases as chronic diarrhea 6 (50%), bronchopneumonia 5 (41.7%) and ascariasis 4 (33.3%). Mortality in 1 patient.


Assuntos
Transtornos Nutricionais/fisiopatologia , Pré-Escolar , Feminino , Hospitalização , Humanos , Indonésia/epidemiologia , Lactente , Masculino , Transtornos Nutricionais/epidemiologia , Estudos Retrospectivos
3.
Am J Trop Med Hyg ; 25(1): 116-21, 1976 Jan.
Artigo em Inglês | MEDLINE | ID: mdl-769571

RESUMO

A study of 741 Indonesian patients with fever was carried out in order to determine what serious febrile illnesses are prevalent in Jakarta. All patients were hospitalized primarily because of fever and were studied by bacteriological and serological methods. Bacteremia due to Salmonella typhi (150 cases), S. enteritidis (36 cases), or both (2 cases) was common in both children and adults. One S. enteritidis isolate was chloramphenicol resistant. Serological evidence of Salmonella infection was found in 130 additional cases without bacteremia. Serological evidence of arbovirus infection (94 cases) was common in children. Malaria was found in 12 adults, most of whom were probably infected outside Jakarta. Little serological evidence was found for rickettsial, leptospiral, Brucella, Toxoplasma gondii or a number of other infections. Clinical signs and symptoms in the febrile patients studed were generally nonspecific, and laboratory results reported were very helpful in establishing more accurate diagnoses.


Assuntos
Infecções por Arbovirus/diagnóstico , Febre de Causa Desconhecida/etiologia , Malária/diagnóstico , Infecções por Salmonella/diagnóstico , Arbovírus/isolamento & purificação , Febre de Causa Desconhecida/microbiologia , Humanos , Malária/etiologia , Plasmodium falciparum , Plasmodium vivax , Salmonella enteritidis/isolamento & purificação , Salmonella paratyphi A/isolamento & purificação , Salmonella typhi/isolamento & purificação , Testes Sorológicos , Febre Tifoide/diagnóstico
SELEÇÃO DE REFERÊNCIAS
DETALHE DA PESQUISA