Your browser doesn't support javascript.
loading
Mostrar: 20 | 50 | 100
Resultados 1 - 5 de 5
Filtrar
Más filtros

Bases de datos
Tipo del documento
Intervalo de año de publicación
2.
Ann Oncol ; 4(5): 426-8, 1993 May.
Artículo en Inglés | MEDLINE | ID: mdl-8353077

RESUMEN

BACKGROUND: FAMTX (5-fluorouracil, adriamycin, methotrexate) is one of the most effective drug combinations in gastric cancer. Therefore, modifications of FAMTX appear of interest and the FEMTX-P regiment was conceived. PATIENTS AND METHODS: Fifty patients with unresectable locally advanced and/or metastatic gastric carcinoma were treated with methotrexate 1500 mg/m2 i.v. and 5-fluorouracil 1500 mg/m2 i.v. on day 1; leucovorin rescue 15 mg/m2 orally every 6 hours for 8 doses on days 2 and 3; epirubicin 60 mg/m2 i.v. and cisplatin 50 mg/m2 i.v. on day 15, q 4 weeks. RESULTS: Of forty-seven patients evaluable for response, five (11%) achieved complete responses and seventeen (36%) partial responses (total response rate 47%). The median duration of response was 8+ months (range: 5-25+ months). Four of 14 patients with locally advanced disease were successfully downstaged and subsequently resected. The median duration of survival of all patients was 10 months (range: 1-25+ months). Leukopenia grade 4 occurred in 18% of patients and thrombocytopenia grade 4 and mucositis grade 4 in 4% and 2%, respectively. Treatment postponement for hematologic toxicity was necessary in 54% of patients. CONCLUSIONS: The FEMTX-P regimen is an active regimen in advanced gastric carcinoma, with acceptable toxicity.


Asunto(s)
Protocolos de Quimioterapia Combinada Antineoplásica/uso terapéutico , Neoplasias Gástricas/tratamiento farmacológico , Adulto , Anciano , Protocolos de Quimioterapia Combinada Antineoplásica/efectos adversos , Cisplatino/administración & dosificación , Epirrubicina/administración & dosificación , Femenino , Fluorouracilo/administración & dosificación , Humanos , Leucopenia/inducido químicamente , Masculino , Metotrexato/administración & dosificación , Persona de Mediana Edad , Trombocitopenia/inducido químicamente
3.
Ann Oncol ; 4(4): 295-301, 1993 Apr.
Artículo en Inglés | MEDLINE | ID: mdl-8518219

RESUMEN

BACKGROUND: The Comprehensive Cancer Center trial 82-01 is a prospective randomized study to investigate the value of the addition of high-dose medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) to chemotherapy in patients with node-positive operable breast cancer. MPA may be of advantage in this setting because of its activity in estrogen receptor ER-positive as well as ER-negative tumors and since it may protect against chemotherapy-induced myelosuppression and thus enable maintenance of the appropriate chemotherapeutic scheduling. PATIENTS AND METHODS: Four hundred eight evaluable patients with node-positive (N+) operable breast cancer (T1-3, N1) were entered in a multicenter randomized trial. Two hundred nine patients were randomized in the MPA- arm and 199 in the MPA+ arm. CAF chemotherapy was given as a short i.v. bolus infusion: cyclophosphamide 500 mg/m2 i.v. day 1, doxorubicin 40 mg/m2 i.v. day 1, and 5-fluorouracil 500 mg/m2 i.v. day 1, q 4 wks x 6. MPA was given intramuscularly (i.m.) 500 mg q d x 28 days, followed by 500 mg i.m. twice weekly during 5 months. RESULTS: The main side effects of MPA were weight gain with a mean of 5.5 kg as opposed to 1.8 kg in the control group (p = 0.01) and vaginal bleeding in 30/199 in the MPA+ group and 0 in the MPA- group. MPA ameliorated vomiting grade III, IV (45% vs. 28%, p < 0.001), nausea grade III, IV (50% vs. 34%, p < 0.001) and leucocyte nadir grade III, IV (20% vs. 11%, p = 0.003). Disease-free survival (DFS) after 5 years was 59% in the MPA+ and 49% in the MPA- group (p = 0.12). Patients > or = 60 years benefitted most from MPA treatment, in particular if freedom from distant metastases was taken as the endpoint (p = 0.02). Overall survival (OS) was not significantly different between the two treatment groups (p = 0.18), but within subgroups analysed there was an advantage for MPA+ in patients > or = 55 years (p = 0.002) and in pT1 patients (p = 0.045). CONCLUSIONS: High-dose MPA ameliorates CAF side effects and reduces the risk of metastatic disease, especially in elderly breast cancer patients.


Asunto(s)
Protocolos de Quimioterapia Combinada Antineoplásica/uso terapéutico , Neoplasias de la Mama/tratamiento farmacológico , Anciano , Protocolos de Quimioterapia Combinada Antineoplásica/efectos adversos , Neoplasias de la Mama/mortalidad , Neoplasias de la Mama/patología , Quimioterapia Adyuvante , Ciclofosfamida/administración & dosificación , Doxorrubicina/administración & dosificación , Femenino , Fluorouracilo/administración & dosificación , Estudios de Seguimiento , Humanos , Metástasis Linfática , Acetato de Medroxiprogesterona/administración & dosificación , Persona de Mediana Edad , Estudios Prospectivos , Tasa de Supervivencia
4.
Bull Cancer ; 80(3): 255-60, 1993 Mar.
Artículo en Francés | MEDLINE | ID: mdl-8173178

RESUMEN

In this phase II study, fifty patients with unresectable locally advanced and/or metastatic gastric carcinoma were treated with methotrexate 1.5 g/m2 iv and 5-fluorouracil 1.5 g/m2 iv on day 1; leucovorin rescue 15 mg/m2 orally every 6 h for 8 doses on day 2 and 3; epirubicin 60 mg/m2 iv and cisplatin 50 mg/m2 iv on day 15, q 4 weeks. The median age of the patients was 59 years and their median performance status 1. In forty-eight patients evaluable for response, five (10.4%) of the patients achieved a complete response and seventeen (35.6%) obtained a partial response (total response rate 46%; 95% confidence interval: 32%-60%). The median duration of response was 8+ months (range: 5-25 months). The median duration of survival of all patients was 10 months (range: 1-25+ months). Toxicities > grade 2 included vomiting grade 3 (31%), leucopenia grade 4 (18%) and thrombocytopenia grade 4 (4%). Treatment postponement or dose reduction for hematologic toxicity was necessary in 54% of patients. Median survival was 10 months. In conclusion, the FEMTX-P regimen is an active treatment in advanced gastric carcinoma with acceptable toxicity.


Asunto(s)
Protocolos de Quimioterapia Combinada Antineoplásica/uso terapéutico , Neoplasias Gástricas/tratamiento farmacológico , Adulto , Anciano , Protocolos de Quimioterapia Combinada Antineoplásica/efectos adversos , Cisplatino/administración & dosificación , Cisplatino/efectos adversos , Epirrubicina/administración & dosificación , Epirrubicina/efectos adversos , Femenino , Fluorouracilo/administración & dosificación , Fluorouracilo/efectos adversos , Humanos , Masculino , Metotrexato/administración & dosificación , Metotrexato/efectos adversos , Persona de Mediana Edad , Metástasis de la Neoplasia , Recurrencia Local de Neoplasia , Resultado del Tratamiento
5.
J Clin Oncol ; 9(5): 827-31, 1991 May.
Artículo en Inglés | MEDLINE | ID: mdl-2016625

RESUMEN

In a prospective phase III multicenter trial, 213 patients with advanced measurable or nonmeasurable gastric cancer were randomized to receive methotrexate (MTX), fluorouracil (5-FU), and Adriamycin (doxorubicin; Farmitalia Carlo Erba, Milan, Italy) (FAMTX) or 5-FU, Adriamycin, and mitomycin (FAM). The results show a significantly superior response rate (41% v 9% [P less than .0001]), and survival (median, 42 weeks v 29 weeks [P = .004]) for FAMTX. There was a cumulative thrombocytopenia in FAM and not in FAMTX. The FAMTX protocol should be the reference treatment in future clinical trials that seek to improve the therapeutic outcome in advanced gastric cancer.


Asunto(s)
Protocolos de Quimioterapia Combinada Antineoplásica/uso terapéutico , Neoplasias Gástricas/tratamiento farmacológico , Adulto , Anciano , Doxorrubicina/administración & dosificación , Femenino , Fluorouracilo/administración & dosificación , Humanos , Masculino , Metotrexato/administración & dosificación , Persona de Mediana Edad , Estadificación de Neoplasias , Estudios Prospectivos , Inducción de Remisión , Neoplasias Gástricas/mortalidad , Neoplasias Gástricas/patología , Análisis de Supervivencia
SELECCIÓN DE REFERENCIAS
DETALLE DE LA BÚSQUEDA