Your browser doesn't support javascript.
loading
Show: 20 | 50 | 100
Results 1 - 1 de 1
Filter
Add more filters










Database
Type of study
Publication year range
1.
Rev. bras. promoç. saúde (Impr.) ; 25(2 Supl): 5-12, jun. 2012. tab
Article in Portuguese | LILACS | ID: lil-655368

ABSTRACT

Objetivo: Avaliar o conhecimento das pessoas em recuperação do uso de substâncias psicoativas sobre os fatores de risco das doenças cardiovasculares após realização de atividade educativa. Métodos: Estudo quantitativo, realizado em hospital psiquiátrico público do Ceará, com amostra de 36 pessoas internadas na unidade de desintoxicação que concordaram em participar do estudo, maiores de 18 anos, orientadas e conscientes. Utilizou-se um formulário para coleta de dados sociodemográficos e aferir o grau de conhecimento sobre as doenças cardiovasculares e seus fatores de risco, antes e após a realização de atividades de educação em saúde. Resultados: Os resultados demonstraram que inicialmente, 19 (52,8%) pessoas afirmaram não conhecer nenhuma doença cardiovascular e depois da atividade esse número caiu para 4 (11%). Foi avaliada, ainda, a referência aos fatores de risco para doenças do aparelho circulatório, quando se constatou que, antes da atividade educativa, 22 (61%) desconheciam estes fatores, outros 14 (39%) citaram de um a dois, principalmente a alimentação rica em gorduras e o uso de drogas ilícitas, após a atividade apenas 3 (8%) desconheciam e os outros 33 (92%) passaram a citar uso de drogas lícitas, obesidade, sedentarismo. Conclusão: A atividade educativa ocasionou uma mudança significativa no conhecimento dos participantes acerca do tema explorado, o que poderá gerar melhora no estilo de vida do paciente e de sua família.


Objective: Assess the knowledge of people recovering from substance abuse, after performance of educational activities, about the risk factors of cardiovascular diseases. Methods: This was a quantitative study involving 36 patients receiving treatment in the detoxification unit of a public psychiatry hospital in the State of Ceará, Brazil. All subjects were consenting adults over the age of 18 years. A questionnaire was used before and after an educational activity that measured the level of knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular disease and related risk factors. Results: The results demonstrated that initially, 19 (52.8%) people confirmed that they were not aware of any cardiovascular disease but after the activity, this number dropped to 4 (11%). In addition, the reference to the risk factors for diseases of the circulatory system was evaluated, when it became evident that, before the educational activity, 22 (61%) did not know these factors, another 14 (39%) cited one or two, especially a diet rich in fat and the use of illegal drugs. After the activity only 3 (8%) did not know and the other 33 (92%) were able to cite the use of legal drugs, obesity, and a sedentary lifestyle. Conclusion: Educational intervention resulted in a significant change in participants´ knowledge of cardiovascular risk factors, which may help result in improvement in the lifestyle of patients, as well as their families.


Subject(s)
Cardiovascular Diseases , Illicit Drugs , Health Education
SELECTION OF CITATIONS
SEARCH DETAIL
...