Your browser doesn't support javascript.
loading
Mostrar: 20 | 50 | 100
Resultados 1 - 2 de 2
Filtrar
Mais filtros










Base de dados
Intervalo de ano de publicação
1.
Cancer Med ; 9(23): 8747-8753, 2020 12.
Artigo em Inglês | MEDLINE | ID: mdl-33128509

RESUMO

BACKGROUND: There is limited data on outcomes in cancer patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) from lower middle-income countries (LMICs). PATIENTS AND METHODS: This was an observational study, conducted between 12 April and 10 June 2020 at Tata Memorial centre, Mumbai, in cancer patients undergoing systemic therapy with laboratory confirmed COVID-19. The objectives were to evaluate cumulative 30-day all-cause mortality, COVID-19 attributable mortality, factors predicting mortality, and time to viral negativity after initial diagnosis. RESULTS: Of the 24 660 footfalls and 7043 patients evaluated, 230 patients on active systemic therapy with a median age of 42 (1-75) years were included. COVID-19 infection severity, as per WHO criteria, was mild, moderate, and severe in 195 (85%), 11 (5%), and 24 (11%) patients, respectively. Twenty-three patients (10%) expired during follow-up, with COVID-19 attributable mortality seen in 15 patients (6.5%). There were no mortalities in the pediatric cohort of 31 (14%) patients. Advanced stage cancer being treated with palliative intent vs others [30-day mortality 24%% vs 5%, odds ratio (OR) 5.6, 95% CI 2.28-13.78, P < .001], uncontrolled cancer status vs controlled cancer (30-day mortality37.5%% vs 4%%, OR 14, 95% CI 4.46-44.16, P < .001) and severe COVID-19 vs mild COVID-19 (30-day mortality 71% vs 3%, OR 92.29, 95% CI 26.43-322.21, P < .001) were significantly associated with mortality. The median time to SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR negativity was 17 days [interquartile range (IQR)17-28) in the cohort. CONCLUSIONS: The mortality rates in cancer patients with COVID-19 who are receiving systemic anti-cancer therapy in LMICSs are marginally higher than that reported in unselected COVID-19 cohorts with prolonged time to viral negativity in a substantial number of patients. The pediatric cancer patients tended to have favorable outcomes.


Assuntos
Antivirais/uso terapêutico , COVID-19/prevenção & controle , Neoplasias/terapia , SARS-CoV-2/efeitos dos fármacos , Adolescente , Adulto , Idoso , COVID-19/epidemiologia , COVID-19/virologia , Criança , Pré-Escolar , Comorbidade , Feminino , Humanos , Índia/epidemiologia , Lactente , Masculino , Pessoa de Meia-Idade , Neoplasias/epidemiologia , Avaliação de Resultados em Cuidados de Saúde/métodos , Avaliação de Resultados em Cuidados de Saúde/estatística & dados numéricos , Pandemias , Estudos Prospectivos , SARS-CoV-2/fisiologia , Taxa de Sobrevida , Adulto Jovem
2.
J Assoc Physicians India ; 68(5): 18-21, 2020 May.
Artigo em Inglês | MEDLINE | ID: mdl-32610860

RESUMO

Objectives: Infections are a major cause of morbidity and mortality in patients of Systemic Lupus erythematosus (SLE). We therefore aimed to determine the spectrum of infections in patients of SLE, find a correlation between various disease parameters and the severity and outcome of infections and to compare the outcome between different modalities of immunosuppressive therapy. Methods: A cross-sectional study was carried out by including all the diagnosed patients of Systemic lupus erythematosus (based on SLICC criteria[1]) aged 12 years and above who developed infections during the study period of 18 months. Immunocompromised patients because of coexisting diseases like diabetes, retroviral disease and cancer patients on immunosuppression were excluded. 139 cases of infections were identified in 104 patients of SLE during the study period. Results: 92 patients had one episode of infection, 19 patients had two episodes and 3 patients contracted infections thrice during the study period. The mean age of the sample population was 29.45 ± 7.9 years. 21-30 years age group constituted 51.75% (59/114) of the patients. 61/139 infections (44%) were bacterial, 22/139 (16%) fungal, 20/139 (14%) viral and 4/139 (3%) parasitic. Tuberculosis was the most common infection (40/139, 28.78%). Lower respiratory tract was the most common site of infections found in the study (37/139, 26.62%). 75/139 (54%) were major infections. 50% tuberculous infections were extrapulmonary. The mean duration of SLE until the time of infection was 35.84 ± 53.80 months. SLE Disease Activity Index (SLEDAI) was ≥ 5 in 92.09% of cases. End organ damage was found in 82.7% (115 cases) and amongst them, renal lupus was found in 110/115 cases. No association was found between end organ damage and severity or outcome of infections. In 89 cases patients were on prednisolone alone, in 29 cases patients were additionally on Cyclophosphamide or had received it in the past, and in 15 cases Mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) with prednisolone while in 6 cases all the three drugs had been given at some point of time. Tuberculosis was the most common infection amongst all the groups. The mean daily dose of prednisolone was 19.62 ± 16.04 mg/day. The mean cumulative steroid dose in patients of our study was 9165.76 ± 7833.72 mg. Central nervous system infections occurred more in patients who had received Cyclophosphamide (p = 0.01). Five deaths occurred due to life threatening infections and all of them were either on high dose prednisolone or on cytotoxic drugs (Cyclophosphamide/Mycophenolate mofetil [MMF]). There was no association between treatment modality and severity and outcome of infection. Conclusion: SLE patients are predisposed to various minor as well as lifethreatening infections. It is essential to prevent infections by screening, reducing exposure to sources or contacts of infection and minimizing the exposure to immunosuppressive agents while controlling disease activity.


Assuntos
Lúpus Eritematoso Sistêmico , Adulto , Criança , Estudos Transversais , Ciclofosfamida , Humanos , Imunossupressores , Ácido Micofenólico , Índice de Gravidade de Doença , Adulto Jovem
SELEÇÃO DE REFERÊNCIAS
DETALHE DA PESQUISA
...